Yorkston Oil Co., Inc. is a locally owned, third generation company.
At the present time, Yorkston Oil Co., Inc. owns and operates:
Yorky’s Markets in Whatcom County,Washington
Commercial Fuel Network (CFN) sites in Whatcom and Skagit counties,
distributes to unbranded dealers, and serves numerous independent and commercial accounts
with heating fuels, industrial / motor oils, marine fuels, and on and off road fuels.
The company was founded in 1939 by Adrian W. Yorkston, as Hardwood Fuel Company selling mill ends from lumber mills to homeowners to heat their homes. As time evolved, furnace oil became the popular fuel to heat homes. That is when Hardwood Fuel Co. became a Signal Oil distributor and changed its name to Yorkston Oil Co. Adrian’s sons’ Barney Sr. and Tom became involved in the company and soon took ownership when Adrian retired. Tom retired in 1997 and Barney retired in 1999.
Today, Yorkston Oil Co., is still independently owned and operated by Barney’s 3 sons in Bellingham, Washington.
Corporate Offices located at 2418 Alabama Street, Bellingham, WA
Warehouse located at 2801 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham, WA